Bangladesh Thalassemia Foundation (BTF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to help and support thalassemia patients. Founded in 2002 by a group of thalassemia patients, family members and volunteers as a support group, it later expanded its activities to patient management and thalassemia awareness. The foundation is registered under the ministry of social welfare and is an active member of Thalassemia International Federation (TIF) since 2003.
The core motto of the organization is to improve the quality of life of thalassemia patients through proper treatment and supportive care. The foundation maintains a strong relationship with the medical community in Bangladesh i.e. pediatricians, hematologists, etc.
- To ensure care for every thalassemia affected patient in Bangladesh
- To make Bangladesh thalassemia-free through prevention
- To ensure affordable and quality care for the patients
- To encourage the patients to live a normal and productive life
- To provide the patients and parents with the latest information on care and maintain regular communication
- To run campaigns to increase the awareness about thalassemia
- To reduce new thalassemia birth through thalassemia prevention program
- To conduct research on thalassemia prevention and care